This refreshing and nourishing salad is easy to prepare and bursting with flavor. It’s also packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Many of you have probably never eaten dates on a salad before. But please give it a try! The combination of flavors is really amazing! I especially like the combination of walnuts and dates together.
This delicious Pear and Pomegranate Salad contains:
- Pomegranate, an amazing fruit which has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and therefore protects against heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and even obesity.
- Pear, a high-fiber fruit packed with vitamins C, K, B2, B3, and B6. It also contains folate, an important vitamin needed for pregnant women.
- Dates, a miraculous fruit packed with energy, fiber, essential minerals, and vitamins.
- Apple cider vinegar, which supports weight loss and improves symptoms of diabetes. Read more here about the many uses of apple cider vinegar.
- Feta cheese, a good source of calcium and healthy fat.
- Olive oil, another healthy fat which is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids. It may lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure and stroke.
- Walnuts, one of my favorite nuts with an abundance of health benefits:
Make sure you cut the pears just before serving this salad, so they don’t become brown.