I was skeptical of trying Tabbouleh at first because I’m not a big fan of parsley. But just one taste and it’s become my favorite!
I used to always see this salad at gatherings here in the Middle East and steer clear of it. I don’t even like parsley, so why would I like a salad whose main ingredient is parsley? But then, one day, for some strange reason, I decided to try it.
And now I regret what I’ve been missing all these years! It has such a fresh and delicious taste and has become my absolute favorite.
The parsley in Tabbouleh is packed with:
- Vitamin K: protects our bones from breaks and fractures.
- Antioxidants: fight aging and inflammation in the body.
- Vitamin C: boosts our immune system and also supports a healthy gut environment.
- Vitamin A: protects the health of our eyes and skin.
- Folate: protects our heart and is an essential B-vitamin for pregnant women.
- Iron: helps prevent anemia.
Parley also improves digestion and helps to balance hormones.