Shish Tawook, or chicken kabobs, is a popular dish here in the Middle East. Tender chunks of chicken are marinated in a spicy yogurt sauce, and then grilled or broiled in the oven with vegetables. Delicious!
This yogurt marinade is so delicious, just the smell of it makes my stomach grumble!
You can use any vegetables you prefer for Shish Tawook. I like to use:
- Sweet peppers: a great source of Vitamin C (especially the red ones).
- Zucchini: which contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate,potassium, copper, phosphorus , and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Red onions: which provide folate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins C, K and B6.
- Mushrooms: rich in B vitamins.
- Tomatoes: an excellent source of vitamin C, biotin, and vitamin K.
You can either grill the kabobs on an outdoor grill, or broil them in the oven for about 10 minutes per side.
I serve this with rice, hummus, and tabbouleh for an easy, nourishing and delicious meal!