You’ll never guess the secret ingredient in these moist and delicious Secret Ingredient Chocolate Cupcakes…cauliflower!
I’ve made these many times and no one ever suspects that there’s something secretly “healthy” about these cupcakes. Even people who purposely avoid healthy foods have no idea that they are actually eating a vegetable! Additionally, they are made with whole wheat flour and are naturally sweetened with honey. These are a big hit with my kids, and they ask me to make them frequently.
Cauliflower is an amazing vegetable, packed with vitamins and minerals. It has many health benefits, including:
- Fighting cancer. For more cancer-fighting foods, see this article.
- Fighting inflammation.
- Protecting your heart and brain.
- Improving digestion.
Top these Secret Ingredient Chocolate Cupcakes with your favorite frosting.
Here I used a simple chocolate frosting made of:
- 1 cup lebneh (or cream cheese).
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
- and 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar (icing sugar).