I have a special treat for you today, as this recipe is actually three-in-one…
1. Crispy Chickpeas:
First we roast chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) in olive oil and salt until crispy. Then we sprinkle them with spices to make a delicious and protein-packed snack.
- I’ve eaten these Crispy Chickpeas over salad (as seen here), over soup, or on their own as a crunchy and salty snack.
- And let’s not forget that chickpeas are packed with protein, fiber, and folate. Folate is an essential vitamin for pregnant women or women trying to get pregnant.
2. Avocado Dressing:
This is my absolute favorite sauce, which I have used on just about everything! It’s creamy, a bit spicy, and pure bliss.
- You can use it as a salad dressing, a dip for fresh veggies, or a sauce with eggs, rice, or meat. Since I discovered this Avocado Dressing, I’ve become totally addicted to it and have made it about once a week! I like to double the recipe and store half in the freezer.
- This dressing is so nutritious that you could eat it and not feel guilty about anything else you eat the entire day (ok, just kidding). But seriously, it’s packed with nutrients…healthy fats, vitamins & minerals, protein, antioxidants…this dressing has it all!
3. Add the above to a bed of fresh greens with chopped tomato and onions, and you have my favorite salad!
To boost the nutritional content even further, you can sprout and then lightly boil your chickpeas first. Read here about How (and Why) to Sprout Legumes.
OK, let’s get started…