This super nourishing and delicious Moroccan Stew is a favorite in my family. Leftovers taste even better the next day, as the complex flavors have a chance to meld.
This Moroccan Stew contains so many health benefits, including:
- Protein from the chicken and chickpeas.
- Vitamin A and potassium from the carrots and sweet potato.
- An abundance of minerals from the Healing Bone Broth.
- Anti-inflammatory effects from the ginger and turmeric.
- An immune system boost from the garlic.
- Lowering of blood sugar from the cinnamon.
I make this recipe about once a month. It freezes well, so you can make a double batch and store some in the freezer for a busy day when you don’t have time to cook. Nourishing and delicious Moroccan Stew vs. fast food or a restaurant pizza…not a difficult choice :)!
Don’t let the long ingredients list scare you, this dish comes together pretty fast once you get everything chopped up. I like to employ “helpers” when chopping up vegetables, using one of these child-safe cutters.
To boost the nutritional content even more, you can sprout your chickpeas first. Read here about How (and Why) to Sprout Legumes.