This nourishing and refreshing Mediterranean Salad is my favorite dish to bring to gatherings. It’s simple, but bursting with flavor.
This Mediterranean Salad contains:
- chickpeas, which are packed with protein, fiber, and folate. Folate is an essential vitamin for pregnant women or women trying to get pregnant.
- mint, which can aid in digestion, weight loss, nausea, depression, fatigue and headache.
- parsley, a great source of vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A, folate and iron.
- cucumber, which can improve your memory, protect against some forms of cancer, help you stay well hydrated, fight inflammation, and also help you maintain a healthy weight.
- olive oil, a healthy fat which can helping lower your risk of heart disease, and may also lower your risk of diabetes. It contains vitamin K, vitamin E, and also important minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium.
To boost the nutritional content even further, you can sprout and then boil your chickpeas first. Read here about How (and Why) to Sprout Legumes.