Avoid the high sugar and artificial ingredients of store-bought Nutella, and make this easy and delicious Healthy Nutella instead!
Before we transitioned to a more healthy lifestyle, my daughter used to love Nutella. But I didn’t love the high sugar content, artificial flavors, and unhealthy oils. Did you know that 1 serving of Nutella has more than 5 spoons of refined sugar? It amazes me that some people consider Nutella a “healthy” breakfast food!
This version contains much less sugar and only natural ingredients.
Hazelnuts are packed with vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. They:
- help fight heart disease and diabetes.
- improve cognitive function.
- help prevent cancer (read about more cancer-fighting foods here).
- boost your metabolism, which fights obesity.
- are high in Vitamin E, which promotes healthy skin and hair.
My kids love this nutella on whole-grain bread for their school lunches. And I love to dip strawberries or other fruits in it.