I was so happy when my good friend shared this nourishing Chicken Lentil and Veggie Stew recipe with me, especially after seeing my son lick his bowl when he was done!
This delicious stew contains nourishing ingredients like carrot, sweet potato, garlic, and lentils.
The protein, fiber, folate and magnesium in lentils can help you to:
- Lower your cholesterol
- Improve the health of your heart
- Prevent constipation and other digestive disorders
- Stabilized your blood sugar
- Increase your energy levels
- Lose weight
Sprouting the lentils is an easy step which makes them easier to digest, and also helps to neutralize the phytic acid in lentils. Phytic acid is a substance which binds with calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, and zinc, making it difficult for you to absorb those nutrients. By sprouting your legumes, you neutralize the phytic acid and make the nutrients in the lentils easier for your body to absorb.
Read more here about how to sprout lentils.
I also use my Healing Bone Broth for this recipe, to boost the nutritional value even more!
Bone broth is:
- an excellent source of minerals.
- boosts the immune system and reduces allergy symptoms.
- improves digestion and heals inflammation in your gut lining.
- is high in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus (promotes strong teeth and bones).
- has a high collagen content for healthy joints, hair, skin, and nails.
- helps eliminate cellulite.
And I like to serve the stew with a salad and this delicious Soaked Pita Bread from Mommypotamus. Soaking the bread is an easy step which makes the bread easier to digest and the nutrients more available to your body.
This stew recipe was inspired by this Chicken and Lentils recipe.