These Black Bean Brownies (Gluten Free) are moist, delicious, and so much better for you than the boxed mixes. They are naturally sweetened with honey and are sure to satisfy any chocolate craving!
And in case you’re worried, you will not be able to taste even a hint of black beans in these super delicious, protein-packed brownies.
The nutrients in black beans can help:
- improve the function of your heart. Black beans are high in fiber and therefore reduce inflammation and help balance cholesterol levels.
- provide a great source of protein, magnesium, iron, folate, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
- protect against cancer, through their high level of antioxidants.
- control appetite and improve digestion, with their high levels of dietary fiber.
- provide energy without spiking blood sugar levels.
If you use canned black beans, be aware that many brands use the chemical BPA in the lining of their cans. BPA is a very dangerous chemical with a long list of frightening side effects (such as cancer, hyperactivity, infertility, and diabetes). Here in Riyadh I found these organic BPA-free black beans at Carrefour…