Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is an amazing fermented product with so many health benefits. Vinegar is not only useful in the kitchen; it’s also great as a health remedy for many conditions, for household cleaning, for body care, and much more. In fact, ACV is one of the most inexpensive remedies around, and I recommend having a bottle of it in your home at all times.
When buying ACV, look for organic, unpasteurized vinegar. I was excited to recently find non-pasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar in Al-Othaim Supermarket. Most manufacturers pasteurize and filter their vinegar, which destroy many of its health benefits.
Here are 20 uses for Apple Cider Vinegar…
Drink 1-2 teaspoons of ACV diluted in a cup of water to help with:
- Acid Reflux and Heartburn
- Yeast Infections: drink twice a day
- Gives you a boost of energy
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels in diabetes
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Weight loss
- Reduces mucus, sinus congestion, and allergy symptoms
- Detoxes your liver
For the skin, apply a washcloth soaked in diluted ACV to help with:
- Bug bites and sunburns
- Lowers a fever
- Skin toner & acne
- Warts: Soak a cotton ball in ACV and secure the cotton ball over the wart with a bandage/plaster. Leave overnight and the wart should fall off. Continue this treatment for a few more days, so the wart doesn’t return.
- Dandruff: Apply a 50:50 mixture of ACV and water to the scalp with a cloth. Leave on for an hour and rinse. Try this once a week.
- Shiny Hair: After shampooing, rinse hair with 2 teaspoons ACV mixed in a cup of water.
- Foot Odor: Wipe your feet down with ACV to remove odor-causing bacteria.
- Cleaning: ACV’s anti-bacterial properties make it one of the best natural cleaners. Mix ½ cup of ACV with 1 cup water and use as an all-purpose cleaning solution (kitchen surfaces, floors, mirrors, windows)
- Fruit & Vegetable Wash: remove pesticides and bacteria from your fresh produce by briefly soaking in solution of 10% vinegar to 90% water.
- Teeth stains: Rub teeth directly with diluted apple cider vinegar, and rinse with water.
- Sore throat: Gargle with a mixture of about 1/3 cup of ACV mixed with warm water as needed.
- Salad dressing: mix with olive oil, garlic, and mustard for a delicious dressing.
Note: If you are taking any prescription medications, talk to your physician first to make sure the ACV won’t interfere with any of your medications.